On Instagram we asked y’all to send in some tips and tricks you thought would be helpful for other UNT students and you all delivered! We compiled a list of 16 great tips from your peers because, hey, who knows college better than them?!
- The syllabus is there for a reason, it’s your friend!
- Always ask if the books and manuals are required!!
- Always, always, always check the due dates for your classes!!
- Check and organize your email daily.
- Make a monthly, weekly, and daily to-do list by priority.
- Invest in a planner and use it all the time, time management is key!
- Use a planner to plan your assignments out as even as you can and assign daily/weekly tasks.
- Fill out all due dates and homework from the syllabus before the semester starts.
- Write due dates as the day BEFORE it’s actually due. It tricks you into not procrastinating.
- Don’t pull all-nighters, get sleep before an exam! Also, don’t procrastinate.
- Get started on your homework. Once you get started, it can be a lot easier to come back to later.
- Treat your classes like a 9 to 5 job so you don’t “work weekends” or late evenings.
- Find a study place! Studying in your dorm can make it a less relaxing place.
- Clear and clean the area where you work so that you’re not distracted by a mess.
- Make sure to join a study group and take advantage of campus resources.
- The Eagle Student Service Center helps way more than you think!
We want to say thank you to everyone who sent us their tips and tricks! We hope you try some of them out and see if any of them work for you! If you have any other tips you’d like to share to help others, leave a comment or message us on social media @untunion!