Welcome back students! As I’m sure you are all aware, the fall semester is approaching quickly and new class jitters are beginning to set in. With the new semester come new changes in the Union as well to make this school year the best yet.
Get ready for it because this is big. Really big. Are you excited yet? Because believe it or not, for your use and convenience, we have launched a new and improved Union website! If you haven’t done so already, go check it out at http://union.unt.edu/ to see updates about what’s going on around the campus and at the Union.
To give the 2012-2013 school year a fresh start the Union has also announced a brand new mission statement that fully encompasses the goals of the University Union:
“The University Union enhances the educational process and builds community by providing an inclusive environment where individuals are valued through quality programs and support services.”
Along with the brand new mission statement come a brand new set of values of the Union proving the dedication toward the students:
- Being Student-Centered: We value student involvement, employment, and leadership opportunities that promote learning and personal growth beyond the classroom;
- Being Service-Oriented: We value great customer service, overall quality, and adaptability;
- Being Technology-Driven: We value technology and advancements that increase our efficiency in delivering programs and services;
- Being Environmentally-Conscious: We value environmentally responsible practices and sustainable initiatives;
- Being Diverse: We value individual uniqueness represented through race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, age, ability, national origin, religion, and thought; and
- Being Ethical: We value integrity as demonstrated through honesty, civility, and fairness.
These can also be found on the University Union website under the About tab. Stay tuned in and keep reading for more updates about the Union and the Master Plan. Have a great start to the school year UNT, and remember the University Union is always here for you.