Dear UNT students,
Progress continues to be made on the plans for the new Union. More than 6,000 students have come out for focus groups and educational sessions to learn more about this exciting and meaningful movement on campus. Student representatives on the master plan committee have worked day after day alongside the architect team to bring our students’ dream into a reality!
More than 3,400 students completed a survey and shared their opinions about what they wanted to see in a new Union, many more have engaged in online conversations with representatives to voice what they wanted in a new Union. And we are pleased to see that so many of those characteristics are included in the plans. We are ALL very anxious to share the design concept with you SOON.
What I can tell you today will be in the new facility includes:
- More dining options;
- More flexible studying and seating space;
- Expanded student organization space;
- Expanded lounge and entertainment space;
- Outdoor entertainment options;
- Larger technology-rich meeting rooms and event spaces;
- Easily maneuverable accessibility;
- Tons of natural light cascading throughout the building;
- UNT branding throughout the facility;
- 24-hour access;
- And more!
Right this very minute, committee members are working hard to nail down every detail for this project, keeping in mind the upmost needs and wants of our student body.
Haven’t had a chance to hear about the new Union? Stop by one of the next student forums and check it out!
- March 7, Student Forum at 11:30am and 12:30pm in Union Silver Eagle A, free pizza and dessert for all that attend;
- March 14, UnionFest Student Forum and presentation at 2pm in the Syndicate, free food and drinks;
- March 28, Student Forum at 5pm in the Golden Eagle Suite, dessert buffet for all that attend; and
- March 29, Student Forum at 9am in Union Silver Eagle C, breakfast provided for all that attend.
Look online: union.unt.edu/masterplan or facebook.com/UNTUnion for more information.
We look forward with great anticipation to see you at the next student forum and to share one of the coolest projects happening at UNT today.
Your Union. Your Voice.
Your Master Plan Student Committee
Jayleen Watson (co-chair)
David Schuler (co-chair)